Progress

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Things that make you go hmmm

WI DAY!!

Turns out Thanksgiving was a rip roaring success. I had everything I wanted in smaller portions (yes even pumpkin pie!) and still didn't even dip into my flex! It really is true that portion control is sooooo key. You CAN eat a lot more than you would think, you just have to be smarter about it.

So yes I lost weight this week. :) Exact same amount as last week. 1.6 pounds. AND I did my waist and I lost another inch and a half there! So I am now only one inch and a half from being back in the healthy range. Yes, I will still be in the high end (for now) but that is a huge leap from where I started only 3 weeks (!) ago.

I am very proud of myself and can only improve from here. I DO need to move more than I do so I just got to find something I can get into and stick to. I am glad WW tells you to start small with that because it sure makes more sense and is a lot more likely to give me success than diving into a huge rigorous program.

Speaking of rigorous exercise, you know what show I find inspiring? The Biggest Loser. I got a season pass on iTunes and I love it. It makes me work even harder I think because if these people who have more weight to lose and bigger obstacles to overcome can do it, then so can I! I often do a very mild workout (yoga ball, resistance bands) while watching it because how could I not move? I am glad it is on right now because it does help me keep chugging along. Of course in the grand scheme of things getting dressed in the morning (which I admit is now a little nicer), looking in the mirror, seeing pics of myself and WW meetings are my main motivators, this show gives another little push.

Going back to the getting dressed thing, I had a nice realization this morning. I knew I was going to see a smaller number on the scale at WI tonight. I knew this because for the first time in ages my pants and jacket actually felt even looser, like they did when I first bought them. They FIT again! So I am probably back to about what I was at the beginning of this year. So while that is baby steps in the grand scheme of things it is definitely a major plus! I never realized without the scale just how much I had gained. I thought I had maybe 10-15 pounds to lose before I would be satisfied again (aka a much smaller size than I will be when I lose that especially considering I am only 2.8 pounds away from 10 and I haven't even broken the 200's yet). The way I was going I was headed for a full on size 16 and maybe even dipping into 18. Thank god that never happened. I still wore some 14s but that was happening less and less. I hope to get to a 12 when I reach goal and maybe even wear the odd 10. Because even at 135 pounds I am gonna be hippy. Last time I was that size I wore a 10 and the very occasional 8 but I was also 15 so my body will probably be different now.

Anyway, for now it's probably just best to focus on the now and not think *too* far down the line so I don't end up discouraged for still being 207.8 pounds!

But hey that's still a lot better than 215 and counting!

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweetie! So proud of you this week way to go!! I LOVE the biggest loser, I even have a reminder written on every tuesday night of my food journal (I just went out and bought a small 300 page hilroy notebook and filled out the dates on every single page)

    ReplyDelete