Progress

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Weight Watchers

So today I joined Weight Watchers. Like, I am actually paying for it. Well I paid for it one other time but just the online version and I didn't find that really did it for me.

There is a Weight Watchers headquarters about a block away from where I live now so I had no excuse not to. It's a little pricey but I got a bundle deal where I got 20 weeks + registration for $259 which isn't too too bad. I also went to a meeting and it was pretty nice. I like the supportive atmosphere and being around people who instantly UNDERSTAND me and what I am going through! Maybe I will even meet some new friends? That would be nice.

Anyway I am glad I did it. That plan through work was too regimented and I was really afraid I was not eating enough (considering I lost 4.5 pounds in like less than 3 days). I know I would have a hard time sticking to it because it just didn't fit with my lifestyle. But Weight Watchers I can do and it fits with my life. I can have a treat when I want one (within reason) which I couldn't with the other plan. Like for example my BF came over last night with a rented movie I had wanted to see and popcorn for us but I had to decline because it didn't fit into my plan. He got kinda sad which made me realize that I couldn't live on that plan. But I can with WW. So today I took the plunge and I am glad I did!

Once I pay off my credit cards I will invest in a few more things like a nice scale and a food scale but first things first.

2 comments:

  1. Good Job Hun!
    What do you think of the momentum plan? I am still on my old books from when I did meetings a few years back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. It's more about motivation and there is some other new stuff. Like now they have stuff called "filling foods" which are good foods (like veggies, lean protein, beans etc) that are low in points but keep you fuller longer. There are indicated in the book. Then there is all kinds of stuff about setting smaller non-weight related goals. In the tracker there is also this hunger meter where you can track where you get hungry throughout the day which is kinda cool.

    I mean, technically it's the same principle as before there have just been some tweeks and updates.

    ReplyDelete